Nov 18, 2005

Local GOP Chair Announces Resignation

Share
Left: Doug Haynam; photo by historymike

(Toledo, OH) Lucas County Republican Party interim chair Doug Haynam announced his resignation last night in a statement to central committee members.

Citing conflicts with “personal and professional commitments,” Haynam said that the duties of the position were more than he could realistically continue to juggle.

Want to know more? Go to the Toledo Free Press website for my coverage of this story.

I had breakfast this morning with Doug (paid my own tab - sorry, Toledo Blade, no scandal here). He seemed at peace with his decision.

"I am a father first," he said. "I have had a blast as chair, but I would like to return to a more normal life."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug Haynam did great things for the local party and he will be missed.

historymike said...

The election results certainly speak for themselves, anonymous. Haynam accomplished much in a year when everyone expected the GOP to be crushed.

liberal_dem said...

"...when everyone expected the GOP to be crushed."

Just goes to show you the mentality of the voters in Lucas County.

Hooda Thunkit said...

Well, it sounds to me like he has his priorities right!