Dec 26, 2005

New Restaurant Review Site

Share

(Toledo, OH) As promised, here is a link to my new restaurant review site. I plan to post at least one review per week, depending on my schedule and incoming contributions.

I welcome submissions by readers, as well as suggestions on restaurants to review. Contributors can use their real names or a nom de plume.

My goal is to create an objective site by which readers can make informed dining decisions. Restaurant reviews will not be limited to the Toledo area, although I suspect that ninety percent of the reviews will be of Northwest Ohio eateries.

I worked in the restaurant business for 25 years in every position between dishwasher and owner. While I hope that I never work in a restaurant again, I think that I am uniquely qualified to write about my experiences.

3 comments:

Hooda Thunkit said...

Mike,

Since you've done "hard time" in the food service industry (I didn't previously know that about you) you ARE definitely qualified, probably uniquely qualified.

That makes your impressions all the more valuable, to me.

I'll be having dinner with friends at the Saigon Bistro tomorrow night; I'll let you know if it is worth writing about.

I've never tried Vietnamese Cuisine before, but the couple we're going with swears by the place.

(I've checked all of the usual places and can't find a review for the S.B.)

historymike said...

Thanks, Hooda!

Maybe you could be the first contributing reviewer (hint, hint).

Hooda Thunkit said...

And, I was...

Hooda Thunkit?

:-)