Jan 16, 2006

Hidden Settings on Windows XP

Share

(Toledo, OH) This is from a humorous link that someone sent to me today. Click on the picture for a larger, more readable image.

I have encountered every one of those scenarios, and I humbly suggest that this image is more than a mere satire on software. This, dear readers, is the evidence we have been waiting for to prove that the Microsoft Corporation exists for one purpose only - to send Windows users into fits of rage.

Somewhere within the secured walls of Microsoft world headquarters, I am sure, is a division of employees whose sole function is to add bugs to the company's programs, sinister subroutines that manifest themselves at the worst possible times.

Anyways, have fun and pass it along!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny but very close to the truth.

Lisa Renee said...

I admit I wanted to find a way to kill that stupid animated paper clip.

Still makes me laugh...
:-)

historymike said...

HA!

Never saw that one before, Lisa. It is quite hilarious.

Lisa Renee said...

Then I'm glad I posted it...somebody had a whole animated thing of it that went from there step by step till the person decided to kill the computer rather than himself but? Should have saved it, it appears it has disappeared.

:-)

David said...

I once made a desktop wallpapper with this superimposed over a screenshot of my desktop. Freaked my wife out when she sat down to my computer and couldn't get the thing to go away...

More seriously, the WMF "flaw" just keeps growing... Over the weekend, on top of Steve Gibson's assertion that the WMF vulnerability was deliberately inserted by "someone" at M$, a couple more vulnerabilities were found in recent versions of Windows' handling of WMF files. And Microsoft backtracked on its assertion that Windows "Vista" didn't have the vulnerabilities.

And that's just in how Windows handles WMF files...

*sheesh* It's enough to make anyone who uses Windows feel like a crashtest dummy...

Hooda Thunkit said...

Mike,

I have always felt that Billy Gate$' plan for (ultimately) world domination has been foremost in Billy'$ mind rather than making a functional and reliable O/S...

However, YMMV ;-)

And, lest I forget, Death Via Industrial Shredder to that *** damned Clippy...

But, I'm NOT bitter (or, resentful).

(FWIW, Clippy can be disabled)

Anonymous said...

Why don't you guys just switch to linux and be done with it? Fast, reliable, stable, runs forever.

historymike said...

I am poking around with it, anon.

The anti-corporate streak in me loves Linux.