Jan 3, 2006

Mist On The Maumee Bay

Left: Fog rising above the waters of the Maumee; photo by historymike

(Toledo, OH) The dreary weather continues in the area, and the fog on the bay reduced visibility on the water to about 30 yards today. There are thick fogs, and then there are atmospheric blankets; this scene was much more like the latter.

I could hear a freighter in the distance, but was not able to see the ship. The misty reverie on the water's edge was broken by a flock of screeching birds resting in the nearby brush.


Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture, Mike.

Hooda Thunkit said...


Our recent weather doth suck mightily, in my view (or, lack thereof)...

I too long to say, here comes the sun.

I don’t sing, as my ears are still working and I don't wish to damage them unnecessarily :-)

Ptelea said...

very nice photo - I can imagine being there after your description

Stephanie said...

It's starting to worry me how similiar the weather up here is to the weather down there. Eery.

Perhaps if you stop posting it the weather in both our areas will change for the better?