Jan 23, 2006

Plug For Toledo Restaurant Reviews

Share

(Toledo, OH) Here is a link to a new restaurant review site I am editing. We plan to post at least one review per week, depending on schedule and incoming contributions.

Submissions by readers are very much welcomed, as well as suggestions on restaurants to review. Contributors can use their real names or a nom de plume.

The goal is to create an objective site by which readers can make informed dining decisions. Restaurant reviews will not be limited to the Toledo area, although I suspect that ninety percent of the reviews will be of Northwest Ohio eateries.

Comments, contributions, and site traffic have exceeded my expectations for the first month, and I hope that this venture continues to grow in popularity.

6 comments:

Do said...

Mike, I would find it easier to navigate this site and submit reviews if there was a direct link to do so.

Either I'm going blind, or am just too tired to see it, but there's no mention of where to send a review.

historymike said...

Sorry, Do.

Just email it to me at:

mbrooks@utnet.utoledo.edu

Albus Dumbledore said...

I have a couple of reviews for two area McDonald's: 1 who likes to add mold to their buns, and 1 who likes to include string in their cheeseburgers.

historymike said...

I suggest that you contact the local health department, Albus.

Also, the review site will not be focusing on fast-food chains, as people generally know what they are going to get.

Hooda Thunkit said...

Mike,

THAT'S what I forgot to do this last two weeks, go out for dinner.

Looks like I owe Mrs. Thunkit two restaurant visits this next two weeks (a Christmas promise).

We've still got 8 certificates to use up including HJ's on Heatherdowns and the Bluewater Grille on Dussel :-)

historymike said...

Yeah, I know. I have two to write up yet (Louis G's and Calvino's) that I hope to knock out in the next few days.

I am trying to pitch an national article that keeps getting the old "Well, I dunno" routine, and I have spent way too much time trying to sell.