Feb 16, 2006

Brrreeeport, Dick Cheney, and Paris Hilton

Share
Posts tagged Brrreeeport per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart
Get your own chart!

(Toledo, OH) Dick Cheney and Paris Hilton are working together on a Brrreeeport post together.

The previous sentence, I am sure, made absolutely no sense. I put this post on to participate in a strange Internet experiment, and you can visit this site to learn more of the history of Brrreeeport.

In a nutshell a blogger named Scobleizer invented a nonsense word ("brrreeeport") and is leading a campaign to get it recognized by search engines. Technorati now reports over 500 blog posts on "brrreeeport," and the number appears to be growing exponentially.

Google now lists 22,400 hits for "brrreeeport." I figured I would mention Dick Cheney and Paris Hilton and get a few dozen free web page hits while I joined the brrreeeport phenomenon.

9 comments:

historymike said...

I have had 15 Technorati hits on my site from this post in about 20 minutes. Bizarre...

Lisa Renee said...

muuuhahahaha you cannot turn back now...you are a brrreeeporter.....

lol

From a web geek perspective I find it really interesting the differences in these search engines.

:-)

historymike said...

for the moment I am the #1 ranked Technorati website for "Brrreeeport."

Whoo-hoo!

historymike said...

Blogger server alert! Blogger server alert! Overload!

I now have 54 users on my site, about 48 of whom are looking at this post.

And most of whom are spending less than 10 seconds here. Too weird.

historymike said...

Whoops - down to the #3 Technorati search. 39 minutes at #1!!!

historymike said...

Back to #1 in Technorati! Woo-hoo!

Lisa Renee said...

I think I unleashed a brrreeeport addict....

:-)

historymike said...

Well, my fame was short-lived. By 7:30 this site dropped to #25 on Technorati.

I did get about 150 unique hits from the experiment, so I hopefully found 2 or 3 new readers.

Hooda Thunkit said...

Simply amazing...

I guess I have more to learn about blogging than I had previously thought, if I ever get caught up ;-)