Mar 7, 2006

Giuliani, Obama Top List Of Most Popular Politicians

Share
(Hamden, CT) A survey of 1,900 voters by the Quinnipiac Polling Institute found that former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani is the most popular politician in the US. The national poll tested support for potential candidates in the 2008 presidential race among likely voters.

Giuliani's average score of 63.5 percent put him at the top of the list. He was followed by Senator Barack Obama (D - Illinois), who scored 59.9 percent.

The independent Quinnipiac University poll asked voters to rate leaders from 0 to 100 on a "feeling thermometer." The highest numbers reflect the warmest feelings that respondents had for politicians.

Here is the entire list:

1. Rudolph Giuliani.............................63.5

2. Barack Obama.................................59.9

3. John McCain..................................59.7

4. Condoleezza Rice.............................57.1

5. President Bill Clinton.......................56.1

6. Former NC Sen. John Edwards............50.8

7. Former Virginia Gov. Mark Warner......50.7

8. New York Sen. Hillary Clinton..............50.4

9. Wisconsin Sen. Russ Feingold...............49.0

10. Virginia Sen. George Allen.................48.6

President George W. Bush is at 44.1 percent and Vice President Dick Cheney received an average score of 41.0 percent.

Is there any politician you would consider to be more worthy of the top spot?

11 comments:

historymike said...

Giuliani walks on water after 9/11. The job is his if he wants it. Personally I would vote for Obama, but he is too new.

--Petrograde

historymike said...

I reposted Petrograde's response after I accidentally deleted it. I think that I got the comment right; let me know if I erred.

historymike said...

ARGGH! Blogger is killing me today.

A lengthy comment - GONE.

historymike said...

ARGGH! Blogger is killing me today.

A lengthy comment - GONE.

historymike said...

Now a double - post. Sigh.

White Mormon Patriot said...

Here's a tip - before you actually post your entry, copy it to the clipboard. That way, if you cannot successfully send your blog, you'll still have it available to repost after you've fixed the problem. I've not had that problem on my blog. I've had my blog now for a week and a half, and I love it. I developed it using blogger.com and the steps are almost as painless as it can get.

Regarding your question of the day - I would select Giulani from your list since of those listed, he's proven to be the most effective.

However, I would nominate either Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo to the list. Paul is noteworthy as a strict constitutional constructionist, and Tancredo is so determined to protect America's borders that he's become persona non grata at the White House.

Hooda Thunkit said...

Mike,

In those top for on your list lurk two, possibly three likely to run.

However, the farther away we get from election campaigns of the past, the more I long for someone with some of the best ideas of Pat Buchanan and Ross Perot combined.

With time, some of their ideas have come into relevance more than when they were first proposed.

historymike said...

I'll have to take your advice, alaskawingnut.

Or remember on posts to hit "save as draft" more frequently. I lost a longer post earlier, and I haven't gotten over my ire yet.

historymike said...

Ah yes, old Ross Perot. Hooda bought up the person I cast my 1992 presidential vote for.

Oh how the pundits laughed at Perot's "giant sucking sound" comment, but he was deadly accurate.

There was always something appealing to me about the idea of that rascal running around Washington.

Newsguy said...

Russ Feingold, (D) Wisconsin. And congratulations on identifying the D-Day reference.

Name withheld to protect the guilty said...

Condi above Bill? Really? Wow...