Apr 23, 2006

Any Problems Loading This Page?

Share

(Toledo, OH) I received an email the other day from a reader who said that the Index page for this site loads with all of the posts starting below the point where my sidebar ends (links and all that stuff).

Is this happening when you visit this site?

I checked my template, and it seems as though there is sufficient space allocated (30 px) for there not to be an overlap between the sidebar and the area where the posts are.

If you are having difficulty, I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

8 comments:

Dariush said...

I haven't had any problems lately with how your page looks or whether or not it downloads completely.

Stefan Schmidt said...

Your page loads slower than others but I believe it is the template and not the content—I experienced similar problems with bloggers using the same template.

Lisa Renee said...

Mike, sometimes even on my dsl it takes the actual post portion a while to download, your sidebar loads first. Once in a while I have to hit refresh. If you use alot of graphics or links it will slow down the loading time for the page. I think it might be related to how the template is set up, on LCS it's the opposite, the main content sometimes loads before the sidebar.

Yeppers, after viewing the source on your template, the sidebar information is first then the content.

historymike said...

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe the reader is looking at a cached page, or has some odd browser configurations.

Micah said...

It happens from time to time in Firefox on any page that uses CSS. I just have to close the browser, reopen it and clear the cache.

KraZyKaT said...

The lag time it takes to load may also be caused by the number of post you have loading on the index page. Since your site has so many posting and is updated regularly, you might try reducing the number of postings or number of days worth of postings displaying on your main page. This should help in reducing load time.

Stephanie said...

No problems here. At least, not lately.

-Sepp said...

Every so often I'll get just the sidebar. Nothing a "refresh" won't fix.