May 4, 2006

Patrick Kennedy Confirms Accident, Denies Booze

Share
Left: Kennedy (right) at a Washington fundraiser

(Washington, DC) Rep. Patrick Kennedy confirmed through staffers that he was involved in an accident, but said that he had no been drinking.

"I was involved in a traffic accident last night at First and C Street SE near the U.S. Capitol," Kennedy said in a statement released by his office. "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."

A letter composed by a Capitol Police officer to acting Chief Christopher McGaffin said that Kennedy appeared to be staggering when he left his vehicle after the crash about 3 am.

Kennedy has spent time in a rehab clinic, and has also publicly discussed his need to take medications for bipolar disorder.


4 comments:

historymike said...

I admit - I couldn't resist using this photo of P. Kennedy with a drink in his hand.

Anonymous said...

you are wicked Mike.

historymike said...

On this count, yes.

:-}

Hooda Thunkit said...

Mike,

I BELIEVE Patrick, I REALLY (cough, cough) DO!

But, considering how bourbon saturated the Kennedy gene pool is. . .