Jun 9, 2006

Site Update

Share
(Toledo, OH) Server problems with Blogger in the past two days have created havoc for people - like me - who use the popular publishing service.

I am investigating a switch to another host in order to prevent readers from having to put up with Blogger-related issues.

Many people experienced difficulty in getting the site to load, in posting comments, or getting the RSS feed. I apologize for the difficulties, and I will keep people posted when I switch.

I was fortunate to get two posts up yesterday before Blogger servers ran amok. However, I could not even respond to visitors to let them know where the problems were located.

Thanks to the many emailers who let me know about difficulties.

Ideally I will be able to set up a redirect URL that will not cause anyone to to have to update the link.

4 comments:

Dariush said...

Good idea, Mike.

Just don't switch to Typepad.

Michael said...

Good luck, Mike. There was Blogger trouble -- with a CAPITAL B -- all over the 'net the past couple or so days.

Wish I could help you on the server side. (I'm lucky that I have a friend in Mo. who is hosting my blog for free.)

Mike

Hooda Thunkit said...

Mike,
As Blogger is a Google property, one would hope that the difficulties will clear up, real soon.

Google (I hear) is better than that. I use Yahoo for searches, so I couldn't swear to it myself though.

Kate said...

I just got that toledopoliticans site - it's through SBC (ATT? I'm so confuuuuuuuuuused).

Anyway - here's a link to the info (http://www.webhosting.com/WHCWEB/index.jsp) and it has a nice design function. Mine will be 20.00 a month or so.

Just an idea