Jul 17, 2006

On Search Engines and Site Visitors

Share
Google logo (Toledo, OH) I regularly sift through the information that Site Meter collects for me about this blog. As traffic grows and the site begins to climb in search engine rankings, it has been quite fascinating to see people from across the globe use this website for information.

It is always rewarding to know that I am an "authority" on a few topics, at least by the logarithms of the major search engines.

While gratifying to see historymike become a "known" blog, I have always been humored by the unusual paths that people take to find my site. Listed below, for amusement purposes only, are some of the more unusual of search criteria that people used today to find my site:

** comedy skits about timekeeping
** bird feeder plans
** are drano bombs dangerous
** papal nuncio salutation
** history of nudity


I think that I will collect these odd snippets and put them together in a larger post (the clean ones, that is).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Anonymous said...

Post the dirty ones too!

LTLOP said...

Actually, they sound more like Monty Python skits. Nobody expects a papal nuncio salutation!

Kate said...

draino bombs? That's just weird. Maybe because of the 4th incident downtown?

historymike said...

I think the Drano bomb referred to an incident in Perrysburg a few months back that I wrote about.

Name withheld to protect the guilty said...

Those stats are my favorite ones on my site too. I get "stuffing beavers" a lot; lately I've also gotten "narcoleptic paramedic" and "women who hate men."

Hooda Thunkit said...

NWTPTG,

So, purely out of morbid fascination/curiousity, I hsve to ask the obvious question, "Have you stuffed many beavers lately?"

;-)

Kate said...

OMG

Name withheld to protect the guilty said...

I was blogging about a T-shirt I own...