Jul 19, 2006

Quick Blog Note

Share
(Toledo, OH) Sometime in the next 24 hours this site will register its 100,000th visitor.

If you happen to be the person who loads visit number 100K, would you be so kind as to make a short comment for posterity? I am holding my breath to find out who that person is; with my luck it will be one of the hordes of people searching for information on the two-faced cat of Grove City, OH who have been flocking to my site. Google has me highly ranked on this odd story.

For that 100,000th visitor I dug through my couch cushions and assembled a grand prize package:

** $.23 in change
** Half-eaten bag of Doritos (2 oz.)
** One ball-point pen (no cap)
** Corkscrew with broken lever

16 comments:

Roland Hansen said...

100,000 is quite an accomplishment.
Congratulations.

Kate said...

100,000 is an accomplishment. Congrats!

If I am the 100,000(th) visitor I want a pony. I won't settle for less - I have always wanted a pony.

:-)

BrianMaxson said...

99848 checkin in!

Maggie Thurber said...

Congrats! 99877 - if it's me, you can keep the prize...

:)

Timothy said...

99930... not far now.

Robert B. Scott, esq. said...

100,000!
Wow!
Congrats.
I couldn't have done it without you.
Send my prizes to --- Ah, don't bither. Keep up the good work!

historymike said...

WTG, Robert!

Thanks, also, to everyone who commented.

I have been introduced to a lot of very cool people through this blog!

Suss & The Family Stone said...

Is that pageviews or unique visits?

historymike said...

Uniques - this site is approaching 200K page views. The average visitor looks at 1.9 pages.

Jeffrey Smith said...

Made it and then some. Congratulations.

Lisa Renee said...

Congratulations Mike!

:-)

BrianMaxson said...

Well done, Robert!

Congrats Mike, may your creative mind not quit until after 328,659! :)

Suss & The Family Stone said...

I have your picture picked out for when you announce visitor No. 110,000:

Click

ToledoNative said...

Congrats Mike...
I may not comment often, but your blog is always a stop on my internet browsing!

historymike said...

Thanks again to everyone, and I am touched by the e-kindness you have extended.

I continue to be fascinated with this medium of blogging as a means of communication that - even at this point - we still do not know where it is headed.

As far as commenting, ToledoNative - never feel compelled to comment on a site. I know that, with 15,000 visitors a month right now, I am reaching at least a few people.

Besides, those who email me help give me guidance and - when necessary - a knock in the skull.

Hooda Thunkit said...

Good job Mike! I may not get here daily, but I'm always fascinated by the stuff you've gotten into ;-)