Jul 29, 2006

Reviewing My 2006 Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions
(Toledo, OH) I am a little late on this, but I decided to dust off my 2006 resolutions and do a mid-year review.

1. "By June, to lose this 20 pounds..." It's the end of July, and I have lost 6 (from 228 to 222). Too frequently I settle for quick meals on the run, or fall into the "skip-a-meal-then-overcompensate" trap. Grade: C-.

2. "Exercise daily." I am taking walks with my wife and/or my dog Jimmy every day, but I have definitely been slacking on the heavy aerobic exercise. Grade: C.

3. "Increase my volunteer work." Nothing concrete here; I have passed up several opportunties, but continue to be a foster parent. Grade: B-.

4. "Settle on my field of specialization in my doctoral work." This is a go. My major field is European Expansion, and my minor field is Imperial Russia. Grade: A.

How are YOU doing with your 2006 goals?


Lisa Renee said...

Since I didn't make any?

I'm doing fantastic!


Kate said...

I don't make them anymore. I fooled myself for about three years doing that :-)

Hooda Thunkit said...


After a few years, I stopped kidding myself.

Everyone else in the family was already on to me before that...