Aug 10, 2006

Amusing Restaurant Sign in DC

Share
(Washington, DC) A reader suggested that I find the Fa-King Restaurant in DC, which I have been unable to do so far.

I did find the New Big Wong, which is located on H Street in DC's Chinatown.

I am assuming that the owner is promoting the restaurant, and not some surgical implant designed to improve his love life.

I somtimes wonder, though, if names like this are not purposely designed to bring attention to an establishment. If so, the owner has succeeded.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh!

LTLOP said...

O.k Mike you now owe me a new laptop having spit beer at the screen after that sign. I think you may be on to something though with the outrageous names to generate publicity. But on the other hand if the purveyor is a recent immigrant with a limited grasp of the English language confusion should ensue. Seriously, when I taught in Korea students had problems pronouncing the letter Z, so zoo became jew. Can you see the potential problems? On a purely juvenile not that sign reminds me of speaker in undergrad. She mentioned an author for the class to read, his name was Harry Wong. Can imagine the snickering that ensued in a class made up of 20 year old males?

Hooda Thunkit said...

"I somtimes wonder, though, if names like this are not purposely designed to bring attention to an establishment. If so, the owner has succeeded."

And, there's certainly nothing wong with that ;-)