Aug 27, 2006

A Note to Readers

Share
Note to readers in Post-It form (Toledo, OH) I have been a bit less productive on the blog - and wholly uncommunicative in the comments section - of late.

I am teaching a class that is new to me (at least in terms of pedagogy) and I have been spending a great deal of time thinking about the way in which I want to organize and present the material.

Perhaps too much time, but that's another story dealing with my quirks as an obsessive perfectionist.

Anyways, I hope to be back into a better groove within the next week, and more fully engage people in conversation and debate.

5 comments:

McCaskey said...

Slacker!

Hooda Thunkit said...

Isn't it a real bitch the way work gets in the way of life?

Now, if you were independently wealthy...

Calico Jack said...

So tell us what the class is.

historymike said...

Heh!

The class is a 1000-level survey course of European history from 1600 forward.

I have taught narrow pieces of this subject, and have studied it ad nauseum, but I am having some difficulty deciding what pieces of history should get chucked for brevity.

Like a packrat I get hung up on thinking EVERYTHING is important.

Mrs. Phoenix said...

What is the makeup of your class, Mike? Not just in terms of race, but in how many are showing an geniune interest in the subject matter.