Sep 21, 2006

Loafing in the Autumn Sun

Share
Sheltie, or Shetland Sheepdog(Toledo, OH) While the fall equinox does not technically begin until September 23, 2006 at 12:03 AM EDT, it has been chilly enough the last few nights to qualify - in my mind - as "autumn."

Pictured is our goodnatured Sheltie, whose name is Jimmy. The pooch decided to occupy a patch of Le Château Brooks that until recently was an active cucumber and potato patch.

Beneath him there are perhaps a dozen tubers that I have yet to unearth. If I forget about them I will have quite a crop of red-skinned potatoes sprouting next spring.

I should take a few lessons from my dog about enjoying the warm sun while we still have it.

4 comments:

McCaskey said...

Beautiful dog.

The way things have been going for me lately, lazing in the sun on a lovely early autumn day sounds like nirvana. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

If it's any consolation, I had a front pass thru here Wednesday evening, and I finally broke my sweats out when the temprature actually dropped to 68 degrees Thursday morning.

Brrrr-r-r-r-r, I can feel winter a'commin'

BrianInVero

Do said...

Bring on the snow! The air is cooling, the scent is crisp, and there is an energy that doesn't exist in summer.

C'mon ol' man winter! You're welcome here!

Hooda Thunkit said...

Oh yeah, it was Summer-like on the 11th. Sometimes, it's easy to forget when it's freezing out ;-)

Jimmy has the right idea though.