Sep 28, 2006

Sunset on Sylvania Avenue

(Toledo, OH) This shot is blurry as hell, but I was stunned by the sudden reappearance of the sun from behind storm clouds last night about 7:30 pm.

I was compelled to pull over, dig out my digital camera, and capture this panoply of color.

The purple, orange, magenta, and blue hues created a surreal effect on the canvas that was the sky at dusk. For a moment the sun burst out like a ball of fire, and then it retreated behind another bank of storm clouds.

In the time I had reviewed the two pictures that I snapped, it had disappeared again.

Here and gone.


Kat said...

Love those colors. Smart idea to carry your camera with you like that :)

Anonymous said...

The picture said all those things you tried to say - only better.

Roland Hansen said...


Hooda Thunkit said...

I find that when I shoot pictures like that, I forget to look, spending my time instead trying to get the shot.

I think that I'd rather watch than shoot...

Do said...

Great shot, Mike!