Oct 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

(Toledo, OH) May your ghosts and goblins have a safe and happy foray into the dark in their searches for candy, cash, and goodies.

I am off to perform the supervisory detail, as the youngest of my urchins has decided that she is not too old (12) to still go trick-or-treating.

Might be my last year in that role, at least until grandchildren arrive.


microdot said...

Halloween Pumpkins at The Brain Police!
Also saw an interesting bit on French television about the origin of Pumpkin carving...a Celtic practice done originally with Beets! Still done in Alsace. The Celts carved beets,big ones and put candles inside them around oak trees. I wish I had some of the pictures I saw of them!

Maggie Thurber said...

I should have taken a picture of our pumpkin...it was a sick face and we had the insides spilling out the mouth...our pumpkin was sick...literally and figuratively.

We had about 60 kids so they all got two pieces of candy!

scary dreams!

Hooda Thunkit said...

Our beggers numbered only thirty this year, but my wife's sister in Oregon still gets numbers approaching 300.