Nov 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Share
Thanskgiving dinner (Toledo, OH) For those of you celebrating the American holiday, I hope that your Thanksgiving is a pleasant day spent with your family, or, at least, a quiet day away from the hyperactive modern world.

For those of you stuck working on this holiday, I hope that you either: a) find a better job; or b) lead a revolution against the profit-minded corporate types who forced you to work today.

For those of you living in a place in which this holiday is not being celebrated, I hope that you have a few moments of peace today.

May the hapless Detroit Lions win their game today, and may Terrell Owens score three touchdowns to lead my fantasy football team to victory.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Poor Lions.

But you've got to feel good for Joey Harrington, who I never thought was truly at fault for the Lions' ineptitude.

McCaskey said...

May my Thanksgiving dinner look as good as the one in the picture...

(It didn't but it still tasted mighty fine)...

Valbee said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mike!

Hooda Thunkit said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mike!

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable time.

Your post is very mellow ;-)

The Screaming Nutcase said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

But as a paramedic, I can honestly state that not everybody working today was forced to do so by revolution-worthy corporate forces...and the "better job" I'm working towards is that of ED doc, many of whom are also working today. :) But I do feel badly for the people working at Target and whatnot.