Feb 14, 2007

Live Driveway Coverage - Blizzard of 2007

(Toledo, OH) The sun occasionally peeks through the last of the blizzard clouds, but there ae still a few snowflakes falling from the remnants of the Blizzard of 2007. The storm is headed east, where it is expected to increase in meteorological and media intensity.

My unscientific estimate is that we received about ten inches of snow in my neighborhood, with some drifts approaching two feet.

I apologize for the latest in this series of continuous live driveway updates. One of the other features of this storm was the appearance of several snowmobiles in my neighborhood, the operators of which decided my street should be designated as an all-night Arctic Cat fest. Alas, my sleep was often disrupted by the annoying whine of revved-up snowmobiles, and I am groggy this morning.

Statue of St. Francis of Assisi in the middle of the Blizzard of 2007 My statue of St. Francis of Assisi continues his stoic, silent watch in the backyard, but I fear my hopes for a blizzard miracle may be dashed. Some snow accumulated on his shoulders and arms overnight, although there is still a decided "parting of the snow" near his feet.

Interesting, though (and perhaps more evidence of a miracle) are the animal tracks behind him. I might package this as a sign that, in the middle of the Blizzard of 2007, the animals came to him for comfort.

St. Francis of Assisi, for those not indoctrinated with Catholic hagiography, is the patron saint of animals, the environment, and Cub Scouts, among other causes.


Lisa Renee said...

Or...the animals read the blog and were afraid you were going to try to sell St. Francis on Ebay so they doused him with snow to hide the true miracle affect...


Hooda Thunkit said...

Or, the wind died down enough to allow the snow to fall as it normally would.

Okay, the statue retained heat causing the snow nearby to melt.