Feb 18, 2007

Mallard Ducks in Toledo, OH

Share
Flock of mallard ducks in the snow along a creek in Toledo, OH It's not quite March of the Penguins, but these Mallard ducks in Tifft Creek stormed the banks to get at some food I laid out.

This is the same group of Mallard ducks I have been following for over a year. Surprisingly, the number of ducks in the park near my home has almost doubled since I counted 69 in December.

Today's tally was over 130, and they were a rather noisy bunch, waddling around to hunt for the seeds and corn I put out. Follow this link for a larger version of this picture of Mallard ducks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo, Mike. Love the light.

Hooda Thunkit said...

I'd have thought that they'd have flown to warmer climes by now; must like the accommodations here ;-)