Mar 6, 2007

On the Reinvigorating Powers of the Sun

Share
(Toledo, OH) It seems like years - to pinch a line from George Harrison - since it's been clear, but the sun blazed through today after a long spell of rain, snow, and many days of Toledo clouds.

While I do not ascribe to myself the condition of seasonal affective disorder, I do recognize that there is some connection between exposure to the sun and personal well-being. After a walk with my dogs, my winter blues seemed to fade a bit, although admittedly the fact that I got up off my arse and exercised was also a contributor to my mood improvement.

At any rate, the sun is shining, and - for the moment - all is well in my slice of the universe. This is an optimal time to tackle one of the myriad projects that await my attention, preferably one that involves more sun-soaking.

5 comments:

McCaskey said...

50 degrees or above this weekend going into next week...

McCaskey said...

Plus the time change!!!

McCaskey said...

Plus Scooter Libby's just been convicted on four of five counts!!! Whoops, wrong topic...but, yes, the sun does feel nice, LOL...

historymike said...

I'm liking the time change and the 50 degree weather, McCaskey.

Can't find much to be happy about with the Libby trial (see the next post).

Hooda Thunkit said...

Well, I watched my computer jump ahead one hour, as I always knew that it would, and went to bed.

This afternoon, the sun is glorious!