Apr 21, 2007

Can We Declare It Spring Yet?

(Toledo, OH) With temperatures in the mid-70s, and my freeze-stunted tulips starting to bloom, I think the answer to the titular question is an emphatic "yes."

Tulips are among my favorite flowers, and I enjoy the brief stay their colorful blooms share with us.

I had to get the lawn mower out today, dust it off, and start cutting the grass. It was only a week ago that we had an inch of snow fall here, but today feels almost like summer.


HumboldtsClio said...

You're lucky you didn't lose your tulips. My parents lost all their daffodils, tulips and crocuses after the early April frost.

Didn't Punxsutawney Phil tell us spring was supposed to come early? It certainly took its sweet time!

Hooda Thunkit said...


With that evidence, sure it's Spring ;-)