May 17, 2007

On Blogger, Vanished Posts, and Al Gore

I spent an hour on a lengthy essay about Al Gore, reason, and democracy, but Blogger ate my post. I suck worse than anything that has ever sucked in the history of suckiness.

I am now depressed, and have no inclination to try and recreate what I thought was one of the best essays I had written in weeks. A pox on thee, Blogger!

I remember a cool metaphor I came up with: "the gangrenous infection on the body politic by the virulent contagion of special interest campaign cash," or something close to that. Witty, pithy, and GONE FOREVER.

Anyways, read the excerpt from Al Gore's The Assault on Reason. It is much more important than my deceased essay.

(goes off to corner to chant the mantra: "I will repeatedly save my work... I will repeatedly save my work... I will repeatedly save my work...")


mist1 said...

I have a mantra too. It is, "does this come in red?"

I said that no less than 12 times in a row yesterday. You should see the new shoes.

Maggie Thurber said...

just noticed a new feature on my blogger - they're doing automatic saves...check it out.

Of course, the way things usually go, it probably started today.

sorry Mike...I had the same thing the other day...very, very frustrating!

historymike said...

Yes, I just saw that this morning, Maggie. One day too late, but the AutoSave feature should prevent problems like this in the future.

Lisa Renee said...

I think it was Global Warming that killed the post...


Hooda Thunkit said...

I lost a significantly long post to Blogger once.

Now, even on some replies, I do my work in Word, copying and pasting to Blogger, only deleting it AFTER I see that it has completed its treacherous journey successfully.

Not ever going to lose a decent rant to Blogger again.