May 3, 2007

On the Brilliance of Spring Colors

I am finishing the last 15 pages of text from a semester in which I have already produced enough material for a decent-sized book, and my crabapple tree had the audacity to beckon to me with its fuchsia blossoms and fragrant aroma.

I think that there are more radiant colors in the spring than in any other season. Perhaps it is just the fact that we have been cooped up during the winter, but there is something visceral about the arrival of the springtime hues that is difficult to ignore.

So it was into the backyard for a few pictures and a few more minutes soaking up the rays of the sun, taking a break from my work to ponder the glory of new growth and seasonal cycles.

At least, that is my cover story...


Hooda Thunkit said...


"At least, that is my cover story..."

You surely don't need a cover story to take in the beauty of Nature.

Well, I'm off to cut the grass (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).


JLB said...

What a delicious tree!

Salix Tree said...

Wow! What an amazing color! It's singing so loud!

maureen said...

oh! glorious color on that crab -- do you know what kind of crabapple this is? I don't think i've ever seen such a brilliant -- almost neon! -- red/pink crab. Saw this over at the #12 Festival of Trees