May 29, 2007

On the Chaos of Multiple Part Time Jobs

(Toledo, OH) Over the past six years my schedule has forced me to become a member of the Many Hats Club, and my work life has revolved around balancing between two and four part-time jobs to pay the bills.

While I appreciate the fact that there are employers willing to work around my academic and family obligations, I do long for the day when I can return to the world of working one full time job. There is something to be said for the reduction in chaos associated with juggling multiple positions, and of course I will appreciate once again working for an employer that offers health benefits.

True, I could be working a full time job that does not suit my personality, such as marketing pens or working retail, but there is a certain security and peace of mind with full time jobs that is lacking when one must contend with multiple part time work.

Plus, with a full time job I will then have a schedule than better suits... getting another part time job to pay the bills.


HumboldtsClio said...

Aw, I think you'd be great at marketing pens.

historymike said...

Heh heh.

Hooda Thunkit said...

Make Million$ part time on FEEbay...

Talk about sinking to the bottom :-(

Or was it FleaBay...?