Jul 3, 2007

On Fair Weather, Peace of Mind, and Procrastination

Share
We have been blessed in Northwest Ohio over the past four days with some especially moderate weather. The temperatures have been in the high 70s during the day and in the mid-50s overnight, cool enough where my wife and I battle for control over the cotton comforter by 3:00 am.

I am particulrly grateful for this spell of fair weather since we slogged through a mid-90s stretch last week, highlighted by several days with humidity that caused your shirt to stick to your skin if you so much as lifted an arm. Admittedly, I am a bit of a whiner when it comes to extreme heat, even more so in our summer of self-enforced domestic ban on air conditioning.

I find that I am much more productive when I am in a moderate climate, and over the past few days I made significant progress on some writing projects that had been shelved. At the risk of espousing a geographic cure for procrastination, I imagine I would be the epitome of productivity if I lived in a region that stayed in the 70s yearround.

Then again, with weather that glorious, I might never venture back into the house to finish my mountain-sized collection of unfinished writing.

No comments: