Aug 20, 2007

Creepy Wikipedia Word Verification

Share
I am generally a person who maintains a level of skepticism as I go through my day, and I usually find conspiracy theories to be laughable.

Still, I could not help but get a bit creeped out by the textual verification I came across this morning as I logged into Wikipedia. Staring at me were the words: "serve atoms," which triggered a old memory of the Twilight Zone episode To Serve Man.

Now, assuming that this is indeed a not-so-subliminal message: am I supposed to now be a slave in the service of atoms, or is this a demand that I participate in some form of nuclear terrorism? Are there reception desks staffed with physicists who can expedite the process of atom service?


:-}

Or could it be...SATAN?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the New World Order working you over, Mikey!

Man with the Muck-rake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Man with the Muck-rake said...

Yes, SATAN! Just like the Fundamentalists were wishing...so that they can get to Paradise soon.

microdot said...

actually, I remember the Simpsons Tree House of Horror Episode!

Maggie Thurber said...

so where are your 'atom' recipes???