Oct 22, 2007

Skip is Looking for a Loving Home

Share
Click picture for a larger image of Skip

Regular readers of this site know that my wife and I are involved with Planned Pethood, an animal rescue organization in Northwest Ohio. Pictured on your left is Skip, a 10-pound male Maltese-Shih Tzu mix.

Skip is only 5 months old, so we are working on housebreaking him. So far he seems quite willing to do his business outside, but he has had a few accidents since we picked him up Saturday. Skip likes to chew on rawhide, but has shown no proclivity to engage in undesirable chewing behaviors.

I have yet to hear Skip bark, though he does whimper a bit if I am in another room, such as the restroom with the door shut. He gets along well with our other dogs, and seems more inclined to be a friend than a rival to them. Our Puggle Eddie Haskell - who is notorious for his rowdy behavior with new dogs - seems to be cutting Skip some slack, which is an indicator that Skip can get along with any dog.

In short, Skip is a sweet little dog who enjoys the company of people, and whose easygoing demeanor makes him a desirable pet for adoption.

For more information on adopting Skip, or any other wonderful rescue dogs, see the Planned Pethood website.

5 comments:

microdot said...

If anyone wants a good reference for what a good companion a rescue dog can be, just ask me!
Almost 2 years ago I adopted a neglected sick little puppie now named officially J. Edgar aka JJ or because of the inability of the French to pronounce JJ, Gi Gi (hard G)
He has become the best companion, a real buddy, full of joy, personality and according to the dog kennel we had to leave him with for a few days last week, on e of the nicest dogs they have ever had!
He has a great sense of humor....

Maggie Thurber said...

I love that you feature adoptable pets...but my heart breaks each time I see your posts. I'd love to have a cat or dog, but would never survive my allergic reaction to them. I've learned that perhaps I could handle a Portuguese Water Dog - supposed to be 'allergy-friendly' AND meets the criteria my hubby would have for anything other than a lap dog which he refers to as 'yap' dogs...lol.

If you ever come across a PWD, email me...

kooz said...

Good Luck Skip!

Mad Jack said...

The Portuguese Water Dog is excellent! I've met a few and they've all had a good disposition. You've got to take them swimming now and again, but that's a part of the fun.

I'm allergic to dogs as well, and so end up washing my hands a lot when I'm around dogs. I'll spend time petting and playing with the dog, you see, and then can't resist going back again. And again.

Mad Jack said...

I'll bet that rotten little dog chews slippers and sleeps on the funiture. He's got that cute, innocent look about him...