Oct 18, 2007

Support Your Local Public Radio Stations

Share
It is that time of year again: the fall membership drive us underway at the nation's public radio stations. As much as I find it annoying to hear the repetitive pleas, I understand that this is the price to pay for non-commercial programming.

I plan to phone in tomorrow morning with my pledge, and I am a bit embarrassed to admit that a few years have passed since my last donation. If it has been a few years for you, or if you have never donated, follow this link to the WGTE membership page.

I wake up under reduced home lighting to NPR's Morning Edition, and I occasionally tune in Car Talk, A Prairie Home Companion, and local classical programming on WGTE-FM. When I receive decent reception from Ann Arbor, I also tune in the BBC World Service on WUOM.

Even if you can only spare a few bucks, send what you can. Public radio is one of the few alternatives we have left to the monotony of corporate radio, excepting those stations available on satellite.

No comments: