Jan 7, 2008

Record High Temperatures in Northwest Ohio

(Toledo, OH) The official high temperature for January 7 in Toledo is 61 degrees Fahrenheit, which was set in 1907. At the moment, my external temperature gauge (yes, I am a weather geek) reads 65.3 degrees.

Somewhat oblivious to the weather forecast, I thought I was developing a fever when I was working on an op-ed article for a local paper today, and beads of sweat appeared on my forehead. After determining that the warm air and high humidity were to blame for my overheating, I decided to open some windows and let in the fresh air.

My dogs also enjoyed the warm weather, and they have been outside much of the day. I share their enthusiasm for stretching the legs and sucking in some warmer air after a few weeks on temperatures between 10 and 40 degrees.


OFAC said...

Enjoyable indeed. As far as global warming goes, we've got one of the best seats in the house. The octogenarians will save big money on not having to move to Florida.

microdot said...

Just a minor down side to the global warming thing, Mosquito season starts Febuuary 1st.