Feb 13, 2008

Digital Audio, Video, and Image Resource for Ohioans

A colleague recently clued me in to the OhioLINK Digital Media Center, which contains a wealth of audio, video, and image sources. I have enjoyed perusing this excellent resource, and I have found the digitzed video collection to be especially impressive.

The collection is available to students, faculty, and staff of OhioLINK member institutions; Ohio public library cardholders; and Ohio K-12 students, teachers, parents and staff. There is an amazing colection of images and audio files, and some 2,191 videos have been digitized in a streaming video format that uses the RealPlayer platform.

This evening I watched a pair of 30-minute videos from a series entitled History's Turning Points. One dealt with the fall of the Bastille in 1789, and the second examined Napoleon's disatrous 1812 invasion of Russia. I found both films to be concise, well-produced documentaries suitable for secondary and college classrooms, and I wholeheartedly recommend the collection as an entertaining and educational way to pass the time.


Historychic said...

I have used that same collection several times for teaching. It is an excellent way to provide students with a different perspective on historical events.

Historychic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.