Mar 26, 2009

More Signs of Spring Life

Yes, I cheated in this image by positioning my camera slightly below the ground level in this circular raised garden in my backyard, but if you were an ant, this is how my lilies and tulips might appear.

That is, if you were an ant with human-like vision, and if you could pause from your ant duties of food-gathering, marching, and formic acid spraying and so forth. Of course, as an ant you might need to buy HGH to attain human-like capabilities.

OK, if you were an ant, you would have absolutely no interest in my lilies and tulips, unless they were drizzled with honey or a melted Popsicle, but I think you get the point. Spring is here, and the greenery is brightening the scenery.

Speaking of scenery, I always thought Paul Simon should have rhymed the word "scenery" with "magazinery" in the song "America":

Original: So I looked at the scenery, she read her magazine...

My change: So I looked at the scenery, she read her magazinery...

I would have allowed him this moment in poetic license had he so chosen to write the song in this fashion. Of course, perhaps that is why Paul Simon is a Grammy-winning, gazillion-selling artist, and I am a Midwestern, middle-aged, upper-middlebrow, mono-brow academic.

No comments: