Apr 17, 2009

Just Friends...Honest

I did not intend to interrupt this moment of affection tonight between catcher Chris Gimenez and pitcher John Meloan of the Columbus Clippers. As God is my witness, I snapped hundreds of pictures tonight, and only as I reviewed the images I collected did I notice the comradely rump-slapping between the two players.

Anyways, it was a beautiful spring evening for baseball at Fifth Third Stadium, just as it was for man crushes, and the Toledo Mud Hens defeated the Clippers 5-3 in front of over 10,300 fans. We went to the game with our friends Jim and Emily, who were kind enough to provide us with tickets, and it was warm enough that I did not need a jacket.

Starting pitcher Lucas French looked quite impressive, striking out eight Clippers in six scoreless innings, and Ryan Raburn capped a 3-for-3 night with a home run to left-center that energized the crowd.

And I promise not to make any wisecracks about ways in which Chris Gimenez and John Meloan may have comforted on another after the loss, and no jokes about how they might have matching home theater chairs. I have insulted them enough already, though I have to admit my 18-year-old son found this picture to be especially hilarious.

Chalk this up to my inner Beavis and Butthead.


Ricochile said...

Yeah a little pat on the backside is a sign of friendship or maybe it's something he want's to get his hands on..check out my blog i like yours.

Middle Aged Woman said...

Beavis AND Butthead? Must be crowded in there.

dr-exmedic said...

You know, I always understood this behavior among football & hockey players, who are so heavily padded elsewhere that the butt is about the only place you can possibly feel contact without the toucher hurting himself. But baseball? Never got that one....