May 20, 2009

Bearded Iris

Share
Just as I was about to lament the end of tulip season, a group of bearded iris (Iris germanica) began to flower this morning in one of my gardens. These particular flowers have rather muted hues and petals that look more delicate than they really are.

It must be the frilly edges.

In a few days the number of blossoms will likely approach two dozen in this small space, bringing a toned-down change in color after several weeks of bright tulip hues. That is as it should be, since I might get bored with bright colors if I faced a non-stop barrage of tulips and crocuses year-round.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lay off Tyree, punk.

historymike said...

I assume that the anonymous poster and his veiled threat refer to Tyree Page. the family publicist in the Trevor Casey case.

This is either a spoof in poor taste by one of SwampBubbles' many trolls, or an idiotic threat by someone who does not realize that this site has an IP counter.

Either way, find something better to do with your time.

Mad Jack said...

You have GOT to be kidding me. Lay off Tyree, punk? Are you nuts, Anonymous?

I'd tell Mike to sic the dogs on you, but I don't believe Eddie Haskel likes grease.