I do not know why I found this sign puzzlingly amusing, and thus worthy of recording in digital form for posterity. I turn to blog readers for suggestions on a caption for the photograph, since even a second cup of afternoon coffee cannot seem to jar my brain into witticisms.
The city's salt piles, for those unfamiliar with these saline mounds, are located just north of the Veteran's Memorial Skyway over the Maumee River. Michiganders who take I-280 on their way to Cedar Point use this bridge on their rapid interstate passage through Toledo.
Here are some possible thought-provoking themes in your captionary quest:
* Salt as a preservative
* Salt as a seasoning
* Salt as a necessity for life
* Lot's wife, who turned into a pillar of salt
* Salt as a symbol of wisdom
* Spilled salt and bad luck
* Phrases: "road salt," "old salt," "salt of the Earth," "taken with a grain of salt," "worth his salt."
Leave your suggestions in the comments section, and thank you in advance for any captions you create.