Jun 10, 2009

Say Hello Again to Atticus Finch, a Rescue Puggle

Share
A few weeks ago I wrote about Atticus Finch, a Puggle we are fostering with Planned Pethood. Surprisingly, there have been exactly zero applications on this terrific dog, so I figured I would update readers on this handsome fellow.

Atticus is a 26-pound, 2-year-old male Puggle who is very friendly and affectionate. He is fine around children and gets along quite well with the other dogs in our house. While Atticus loves to romp around the backyard, his personality is rather laid back, more like a good-natured hound dog than the typically high energy Puggle.

This is a dog who is eager to please people, and he is housebroken. He has a few behaviors that his new owners will need to keep working on, like tipping over the trash can and climbing on the kitchen table when he thinks no one is looking, but Atticus is really a nice dog who just wants to be loved.

And he is indeed loved, which is why I am updating his story. You see, the longer a great dog like Atticus stays around, the harder it is to say goodbye. I am already starting to dread the day he gets adopted, because he and I spend a lot of time together, and he listens well when I work with him.

To learn more about adopting Atticus Finch, or to help financially support Planned Pethood's mission to rescue dogs and cats in Northwest Ohio, visit the Planned Pethood website for more information.

5 comments:

She's a Math Lover said...

Remember our mission: To save the dogs, not collect the dogs...:}

Mad Jack said...

I want Atticus Finch! Sadly, my cat hates dogs... I'm going to ask Main Lady if her dog, Excellent Rachmaninoff, would like a playmate (he would, as he loves other dogs).

Mr. Puggle said...

we are trying to drum up business for ya. i put a post on my blog.

Ariel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ariel said...

Awww! I wish I could take him to Chicago IL USA with me and human Granny and human Papa. He would probably make a better playmate that human Granny's kitties. We'll get in touch with my human Auntie in CA with the Puggle Rescue to see if she can Help! Praying he finds a good forever home real soon!
Licks and Wags, Ariel ♥
p.s.s. so sorry for the delete to many typos!