Jul 7, 2009

On Weight Loss and Milestones

Share
I climbed on the scale this morning and saw digits my eyes have not witnessed in years: I was under 220 pounds for the first time in almost a half-decade. Granted, at this moment my weight was precariously perched on the verge of lapsing into the next quintile, but there is a special satisfaction in knowing that the caloric sacrifices I have been making actually seem to be working.

My previous attempts at weight loss tended to run their courses after a week or so, and I used to quickly lose 5-10 pounds only to regain the weight in the following months. However, those diets simply involved eating less of the same sorts of unhealthy foods that caused me to gain weight in the first place.

While I would obviously prefer the fattier and carb-laden meals I have always enjoyed, the only way I am going to successfully get my weight, triglycerides, and glucose under control is by sticking to a healthier lifestyle: more fruits and vegetables, low lipid intake, and daily exercise.

I know, I know: those of you who actually practice healthy living already know this, but I humbly offer my insights to the rest of the world, those who struggle with weight loss and the hidden problems associated with the regular consumption of unhealthy foods.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, Mikey, how much did you way before you started dieting?

--JD

Anonymous said...

Duh, "weigh".

--JD

historymike said...

I was 232 pounds when I weighed in at the doctor's office three weeks ago, JD. I have been as high as 237 in the recent past, and I really need to get down under 200 if I want to see some long-term health benefits.

ProfessorSeal said...

Keep up the good work!

Think about this: The subject of our phone call last night: The last time that person weighed in below 220, they were a fetus!

microdot said...

Bravo!
It gets easier....

Anonymous said...

I got there lots of helpful content and great information. Thanks a lot for your help.
www.just4ubootcamp.com

joshly said...

I got there lots of helpful content and great information. Thanks a lot for your help.

Bizroot said...

Hello Michel, you really done great job, losing 220 pounds for the first time in almost a half-decade is really a mile stone for anyone. I hope your will be the ideal for all who is the facing problem with over weight. I have read one more story and he has also done like this great job. if you want to read it, you must visit here
Colon Cleanse