Sep 26, 2009

Wii Slackery

We purchased a Nintendo Wii unit for Christmas last year, and one of the reasons my wife was so gung-ho about the game system is that owners can use Wii to exercise. We have burned more than a few calories playing virtual tennis, bowling, baseball, and golf, although I would be overstating the powers of Wii to suggest that this is better than traditional exercise.

Anyways, I found it interesting to watch my oldest son engaging in what I have decided to call "Wii Slackery." He played many of the same games, but chose to "exercise" in thse games while still ensconced in a living room chair. Admittedly, in the image on your left he is playing a game that does not require physical activity, but I chuckled when I saw him bowling while lounging in the chair.

And don't get me started about the time I saw my daughter engaged in Wii arobics while laying on the couch.


dr-exmedic said...

Wii...want to slack off. :)

I'm sure by now you've seen the footage of the cops on the drug raid playing Wii. Classic Wii slackery indeed.

(Today's verification word is "tophi," which is the term for large rocklike crystals that form under the skin of someone with chronic gout.)

microdot said...

Hmmm. my word verification is smsoli, which if I am not mistaken is a small balkan pastry made by women who form the characteristic shape by rolling the dough in their armpits.
It is said that you know that you have a real smsoli if you can find a hair embedded in the sugary crust.