Nov 30, 2009

Dissertation Defense Date

Share
It looks like I will be defending my dissertation this Wednesday, which represents the last hurdle in my quest for a PhD. I now get to spend the next 48 hours or so of my life preparing for the academic inquisition, so I suspect I will have little time or motivation to update the blog.

When we next converse, I will either have passed my defense or be booted from the world of serious academia.

Excuse me while I vomit... I don't suppose they make a human version of the 4396841 filter, do they?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mikey!

9258 Photo said...

Good luck. Boy do I know that feeling. The first night I got left at my job alone I promptly went to the bathroom and threw up. I told them I felt like the proverbial medical student that one day is a student and the next day was a doctor and left alone in the hospital by them-self for the night.

dr-exmedic said...

Best of luck!

Debbie G said...

I have no doubt in my mind that you will do just fine!

Ellie Belen said...

I hear those things are a lot like the inquisition. Good luck!

mikeb302000 said...

Good luck, Mike. I'll bet you do great. What's the title of your work? Sorry if you've already told us.

Mr. Puggle said...

funny cartoon! just pull a marcia brady and think of them in their underwear. good luck. God is good. FEAR NOT he says.

Engineer of Knowledge said...

Hello History Mike,
Good luck and I am sure that you will do fine.

Anonymous said...

Good luck my friend! To relax, just think back, circa 1980, to watching a certain physics teacher sniff his pits.
-your HS bud in GR

microdot said...

Repeat after me, "I'm a good little doggie"

This has been my mantra for many years...it's always stood me well...
I say it, close my eyes and then dive right in....Banzai!

"I'm a good little doggie....."

Mad Jack said...

I have a lot of confidence in your abilities to impress the professors fortunate enough to sit, listen and give their approval. Even the stuffiest of them.

Best of luck to you, HistoryMike!

Anonymous said...

I hope your defense went well