Aug 6, 2010

Shark Cloud

Share
I am sometimes accused of walking around with my head in the clouds. This is a charge that I would probably confess is true, though I would also argue that head-in-clouds syndrome occasionally has its own rewards.

Such was the case with the sunset images I took tonight.

Pictured on your left is a series of clouds in the western sky over southeastern Michigan this evening. The larger cloud formation reminded me of a great white shark, in small part perhaps because this is Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. There are some decidedly dagger-like appendages to the cloud that resemble razored shark teeth.

The smaller cloud might be an unsuspecting red snapper about to be sent to Marine Valhalla.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shark is upside down. If you look at it the way you took the pic, he looks like a salmon. Maybe a female salmon-- Salmon Ella.

Anonymous said...

Hey History Mike, check this out, it gave my chills. Like the ghosts have been revealed.
http://sergey-larenkov.livejournal.com/

I'm going to go to some Civil War sites and try this effect....

unmitigated me said...

Head-in-Clouds. Sounds like your tribal name.