May 20, 2014

New Book on the KKK

Share
My apologies for the lengthy absence from the blog. Most of the past year I have been busy researching and writing a book on the Ku Klux Klan in Wood County, Ohio.

The basis for the research was a collection of KKK records that were discovered in 1976 by a man named Tony DeIuliis on top of a burn pile in the backyard of an old house in Wood County that was being cleaned out. Tony recognized the value of the documents and convinced a local archive to store them. I also spent a great deal of time with Census records, old city directories, dozens of local newspapers, and other primary source documents to put together the history of the Klan in this largely rural setting in Northwest Ohio.

The following link is to a brief description of the book at The History Press, the publisher. The book is available in print and e-book versions, and I am told that they make excellent stocking stuffers.

3 comments:

microdot said...

Good to see what you have been up to! I really want to read this and push it on my blog. I posted a piece about Fascism in France today, but that's an ongoing concern with me. Time Magazine is featuring Marine Le Pen of The Front National on their European Issue cover with a profile and interview. The sensationalism of neo fascism to sell magazines makes them aiding and abetting collaborators in her attempt to put a kinder, gentler face on the same old hate.

historymike said...

Howdy, microdot! I appreciate any plugs you might give. I hope all is well in sunny France!

Erik Von Norden said...

I am working on a book-blog which can be seen at [one word] theoryofirony.com, then clicking on either the “sample chapter” or “blog” buttons. My Rube Goldberg contraption of a brain processes the world with an odd, well-caffeinated kind of logic. Why is there an inverse proportion between the size of the print and the importance of the message? History. Art. Science. Religion. I call this eccentric thinking the Theory of Irony and if your busy schedule permits, why not give a read, leave a comment or create a link?